Developed with support from:
National Science Foundation
University of Oregon Envl Studies Program
University of Oregon Summer Research Award
Am. Phil. Society
|Disclaimer: The IEA Project makes every attempt to ensure the information made available is accurate, complete, and up to date but does not make any guarantees in this regard. The IEA Project cannot accept responsibility or liability for damage or inaccuracies that result from use of information drawn from the IEA Project web site. Users should confirm information from other sources (including the original source where noted), as well as treaty secretariats and official legal reference materials. Note: For any tables, please consult original source materials. We are working to impove table formatting, which is currently designated with [TAB] markings.|
BC-11/6: Amendments to Annex IX to the Basel Convention
The Conference of the Parties,
Considering the applications made by Finland, Ireland and the Netherlands for new entries to Annex IX to the Basel Convention,
1. Adopts the following amendments to Annex IX of the Basel Convention:
(a) New entry B3026:
"The following waste from the pre-treatment of composite packaging for liquids, not containing Annex I materials in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III characteristics:
– Non-separable plastic fraction
– Non-separable plastic-aluminium fraction";
(b) New entry B3027:
"Self-adhesive label laminate waste containing raw materials used in label material production";
2. Decides to include further work on the following draft entry B3025 in the work programme of the Open-ended Working Group for 2014–2015: "Composite packaging waste consisting of mainly paper and some plastic [and aluminium], not containing residues and not containing Annex I materials in concentrations sufficient to exhibit Annex III characteristics";
3. Invites Parties and others to submit comments to the Secretariat by 30 October 2013 on the draft entry referred to in paragraph 2 above for consideration by the Open-ended Working Group at its ninth meeting;
4. Requests the Secretariat to communicate the amendments referred to in paragraph 1 above to the Depositary and to update and reproduce the amended version of the Convention texts.
In accordance with paragraph 3 and subparagraph 2 (b) of Article 18 of the convention, any Party that is unable to accept amendments to an annex to this Convention shall so notify the Depositary, in writing, within six months from the date of the communication of the adoption by the Depositary. The Depositary shall without delay notify all Parties of any such notification received. A Party may at any time substitute an acceptance for a previous declaration of objection and the amendments to the annex in question shall thereupon enter into force for that Party.
Pursuant to subparagraph 2 (c) of Article 18, on the expiry of six months from the date of the circulation of the communication by the Depositary, the amendments to the annex shall become effective for all Parties to this Convention, which have not submitted a notification in accordance with paragraph 2 (b).