THE MARINE MAMMAL COMMISSION COMPENDIUM
MULTILATERAL / FISHERIES
Volume(s) 1-3; pages 1161-1162
Protocol to the International Convention for the Northwest Atlantic Fisheries, Washington, 1956
Done at Washington 25 June 1956
*( This Protocol was terminated on 31 December 1979.>
Primary source citation: 10 UST 59, TIAS 4170
PROTOCOL TO THE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION FOR THE NORTHWEST ATLANTIC FISHERIES SIGNED AT WASHINGTON UNDER DATE OF FEBRUARY 8, 1949
The Governments parties to the International Convention for the Northwest Atlantic Fisheries signed at Washington under date of February 8, 1949, which Convention is hereinafter referred to as the 1949 Convention, desiring to provide for the holding of annual meetings of the Commission outside North America, agree as follows:
Paragraph 5 of Article II of the 1949 Convention is amended to read as follows:
‘5. The Commission shall hold a regular annual meeting at its seat or at such other place in North America or elsewhere as may be agreed upon by the Commission.’
1. This Protocol shall be open for signature and ratification or for adherence on behalf of any Government party to the 1949 Convention.
2. This Protocol shall enter into force on the date upon which instruments of ratification have been deposited with, or written notifications of adherence have been received by, the Government of the United States of America, on behalf of all the Governments parties to the 1949 Convention.
3. The Government of the United States of America shall inform all Governments signatory or adhering to the 1949 Convention of ratifications deposited and adherences received and of the date this Protocol enters into force.
1. The original of this Protocol shall be deposited with the Government of the United States of America, which Government shall communicate certified copies thereof to all the Governments signatory or adhering to the 1949 Convention.
2. This Protocol shall bear the date on which it is opened for signature and shall remain open for signature for a period of fourteen days thereafter, following which period it shall be open for adherence.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned, having deposited their respective full powers, have signed this Protocol.
DONE in Washington this twenty-fifth day of June 1956 in the English language.